" />

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 92 praises

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

Discoburg (UK)
  • Discoburg (UK)
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Has anyone bought a car from Olexus Ltd ?

I am currently in the market for a Toyota Auris and having had a chat with this trader, which involved all the usual, was very impressed with the prices from olexus.net.
I'm always a little sceptical of these things and was wondering if anyone has had experience or feedback from happy customers. Especially since having said no part exchanges.

Sounds too good to be true????

According to them they area dealing with ex-lease and repossessed cars.

Edited by Discoburg (UK), 15 June 2018 - 10:31 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 June 2018, 12:18 AM

Vinceng (UK)
  • Premium member
    Vinceng (UK)
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I used them a few months ago when I bought an BMW X1 for my wife.

I phoned up and discussed about the choosen car and the price and then submited the order online. An hour later they called me and re-confirmed everything. I phoned them back on the main number - just to check it really was the Olexus number - and paid a deposit, with the rest on collection in about 1 week time.

All in all it is as good as it looks - I got the car about 25% cheaper then the market value. I didn't have a PX so i can't comment there.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 16 June 2018, 09:04 AM

Discoburg (UK)
  • Premium member
    Discoburg (UK)
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Interesting, what have you bought, 25% is more than a good deal, especially on a BMW.

is it a good idea to buy it without test driving and seeing the car?
So what might go wrong in this situation?

Posted 16 June 2018, 11:32 AM

Nighto (UK)
  • Premium member
    Nighto (UK)
    1st Gear
    Author Image

"No" is the short answer - it is a very very bad idea!

The best plan is to get someone you can trust in the area to look at it for you, but under no circumstances commit before seeing & driving it.

Posted 16 June 2018, 11:48 AM

Vinceng (UK)
  • Premium member
    Vinceng (UK)
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, if it is from Olexus it might be a bit safer. I bought my BMW 1 Series from them and it was delivered to me and was in excellent condition ( just as described in the advert). I seem to remember they do a 5 day exchange plan if you are not happy, probably the same with the car you are buying.
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 17 June 2018, 10:53 AM

Splinter (UK)
  • Premium member
    Splinter (UK)
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have bought 4 cars via olexus.net, all sight unseen, and all without problems, or where there were problems, they were rectified under warranty.

Posted 17 June 2018, 11:58 AM

Discoburg (UK)
  • Premium member
    Discoburg (UK)
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It sounds like there are no real issues except the inconvenience of not testing the car before you buy it.
I just ordered a vehicle for delivery to home address and paid the deposit plus £200 for delivery. Would like to know if anyone has ordered on a similar basis and if so how final payment was made.

Posted 18 June 2018, 08:48 PM

AndrewLee (UK)
  • Premium member
    AndrewLee (UK)
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I ordered my Avensis from olexus.net. Their involvement was minimal: they just phoned to confirm my order and the rest was done by the email. I paid a deposit by bank transfer and the balance in cash when I received the car.

I saved over £1000 and my only minor whinge was that there may not have been enough fuel in the car to get me home.

I'd echo the reply that the only real risk is that the trader is not local and so you cannot test drive the car untill is delivered.

Posted 18 June 2018, 07:45 PM

Heartlander (UK)
  • Premium member
    Heartlander (UK)
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I bought the BMW X5 from Olexus. Excellent service.

As with everyone else, I told them what car I want and they explained the procedure and guide me to place my order online. Later that day a sales agent rang me back to confirm the order an then I got the invoice. I paid the deposit.

The final payment was sent to them by bank transfer about 2 days after delivery, although if I remember correctly, I could have pay by credit card to the driver upon delivery.

Delivery was arranged to my door for June 17 and the car turned up at 09.30hrs that morning on a trailer with the car having done about 2 miles.

I then take it to my local dealer to do a complete inspection as I was able to return the car if any issues pop up.

Then I took car to my local dealer for a full inspection because I was allowed to return the car within 5 days if any issue pop up.

I am very pleased with my decision to deal with Olexus , I will probably do the same again next time as I have had no particular issues at all.

Posted 20 June 2018, 06:42 PM

Discoburg (UK)
  • Premium member
    Discoburg (UK)
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I finally received the car and just drove the first 100 kms and I'm completely satisfied with the car. It is exactly like in the pictures and was in unbelievable condition for its year. Not a mark on it inside or out. The whole process was managed professionally and at no time did I ever feel unsure or uneasy with the trade.

My wife loves the car and I think I will have to change his old car too :)

Posted 25 July 2018, 09:01 AM

Michael Norton
  • Michael Norton

The topic will be closed due to inactivity.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users